As 2016 comes to a close, families and individuals with autism are reflecting on all they have accomplished this year. The Arc is also looking back on all it has achieved through their chapters and members. We recently asked members to think about their own lives and answer what achievement means to them. Here are some of their responses:
- #AchievementIs…inclusion, community, & education!
- #AchievementIs…having a paid job
- #AchievementIs…being my own person
- #AchievementIs…working with everyone as a team!
- #AchievementIs…owning a hair salon
Achievement means many things to different people. We hope you will take a moment to consider making a gift to make achievement possible for millions of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families this year.